B2B & Consumer Media, Marketing, and Information Services
- Magazines; Print / Online
- Trade Shows
- Database Information Services
- Online Content
- Directories; Catalogs
- Mobile Media & Marketing
- Enabling Services & Technology
Business Information, Legal & Regulatory Compliance
- Print & Electronic
- Research & Consulting
- Electronic Discovery
- Intellectual Property
- Practice Management
- Practice Management & e-Billing
- Compliance Mgt.
- Data Storage & Security
The legal, regulatory, & compliance market consists of companies that provide information content management applications and services to corporations, law firms, and financial institutions.
- Infrastructure / School Management Software
- Publishing and Publishing Services
- Testing & Assessment
- Supplemental Manipulatives
- Tutoring & Afterschool Markets
The education market includes companies that provide instructional materials, education and administrative software, information & services to public and private schools and institutions, and to for-profit, career training and other businesses, with estimated revenue of approximately $68.5 billion, growing 5-6% from 2005-2010.
- In 2005, there were approximately 137 M&A deals in education, representing just over $4B in transaction value.
- Education is the second largest U.S. economic sector after only healthcare.
- Most Americans see the value of education and are willing to pay what it takes for their children to get a "good education" because they view it as competitive advantage.
- Legislation such as No Child Left Behind is driving an accountability trend that appears to be spreading to other regulated professional designations, such as CPA, CFA, Allied Health and Building Trades.
Entertainment and Leisure
- Attractions and Theme Parks
- Cable Programming
- Cable/Satellite Operators
- Content Development
- Digital Production
- Movie Theatres
- Music Publishing
- Theatrical Production
- TV and Radio Broadcasting
- Video Gaming
Finance Information & Technology
- Risk / Compliance
- Fraud Prevention
- Mortgage Solutions
- Payment Processing
- Data / Content
- Consulting / Services
- Trading Workflow
- Exchanges / eCommerce
- Analytics / Intelligence
- Accounting / Tax
- Wealth Management
- Commercial Banks
- Investment Mgt & Retail Brokerage
The Financial Services market includes market information services, payroll and HR services, and financial/economic information. The sector generates combined revenues of approximately $96.2B and is growing 6-9% annually from 2005-2010.
- The financial information market is highly dynamic, with constant innovation of new and more sophisticated products and services.
- Governmental and exchange regulations are changing constantly.
- Financial technology and information consumers tend to be large and well capitalized global institutions.
- The ROI for financial technology and information customers is high and technologies in the space are profit generators.
- Hedge funds and venture funds materially changed the landscape.
Healthcare Information & Technology
- Point of Care & Workflow Solutions
- Online Solutions
- CME/e-Medical Education
- Pharma Solutions
- Supply Chain/Logistics
- CME Conferences
IT Software & Services
- Enterprise Software
- Infrastructure Software
- Information Security
- Web 2.0 and eCommerce
- IT Services and Outsourcing
C-Suite of Hutton Field Capital Partners’s IT Software & Services group have held senior positions at leading technology investment banking firms and have completed almost 100 technology M&A transactions representing over $10 billion in value. We utilize our deep technology M&A experience combined with our extensive relationships with public, private and venture/private equity backed technology companies of all sizes to help our clients succeed in pursuing their strategic objectives. Our proprietary research capabilities provides in-depth mapping of industry segments and unique M&A market intelligence.